Your Cart is empty
Bear Naked Energy Bars by Bear Naked
Spend over $150 on your order and shipping is on us. Orders under $150 are a flat $9.95.
SAME DAY DISPATCH
Our shipping is fast, like really fast! Order before 3PM Mon-Fri and we'll send it the same day!
RETURNS MADE EASY
Return your unopened product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase, no questions asked.
Bear Naked labels themselves as “Real Nut Energy Bars”. I’d give them a 4.5 on the energy bar scale. They are tasty, with a chewy moist texture that doesn’t stick to your molars, they smell good, have no odd chemical aftertaste and best of all they don’t mess up your hands.
What Makes Them Unique?
- 100% Natural This label appears on more products than the number of hands on grocery carts on any given shopping day. Neither the US Food and Drug Administration nor the Federal Trade Commission have a strict definition of this term. The FDA does not prohibit the use of added color, artificial flavors or synthetic substances so my hair color is natural by that definition.
- No Cholesterol or Hydrogenated Oils Bear Naked bars do not contain any cholesterol or trans fat and they have only 2-3 grams (7-10% of total calories) of saturated fat per bar which meets the American Heart Associations limit. They also contain a heart healthy amount of monounsaturated fat.
- No artificial Flavors Each bar is made from only 10-12 ingredients which is pretty good these days and all are readily recognizable terms found in your kitchen cupboard. They include: whole grain oats, honey, peanut butter, semi-sweet chocolate, peanuts, brown rice syrup, whole flaxseed, crisp rice, soybeans and sea salt.
- No Artificial Preservatives Sea salt and spice extracts are used for freshness which is great because they serve a dual purpose, enhance flavor and extend shelf life.
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup These bars contain 12-14 grams of sugar per serving that come primarily from honey and syrup.
Why Should Consume These?
They contain 250 calories per serving, 8-9 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, a dab of calcium and 6-8 percent of your daily value for iron. While higher in calories than a traditional granola bar, Bear Naked Energy Bars are also higher in protein and whole grain fiber meaning they tend to be a more sustained energy source that are less apt to make you crash an hour later. They are an energy bar, not a breakfast bar or meal replacement. They are too low in calories and void of the vitamins and minerals that would make them a suitable healthy meal alternative.
Bottom line: These are great for athletes 2 hours prior to a race, during a triathlon (bike not swim portion) or an afternoon backpacking trip. They are also a good alternative to a candy bar mid day due to their high protein and fiber content, but not as good as a package of nuts, whole fruit, veggies or Greek Yogurt.